ECE Is Sending Validity Time = 0 In CCA Response For Valid GSU Leading To Positive Balance Issue
(Doc ID 2748534.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ECE (Elastic Charging Engine) is sending validity time = 0 for valid GSU (Grant Service Units).
If validity time = 0, then network will not send any CCRU (Credit control Request Update) unless the reservation is fully used or there is a CCRT (Credit control Request Terminate).
Because of this sometimes terminate request comes after session expiration, which is causing positive balance issue for prepaid subscribers.
Steps to reproduce issue:
1. Created a Charge Offer (CO) with eventdelayedsessiongprs and monthy cycle forward
2. Created a Discount Offer which consumes the free kb
3. Event delayed charges $1 per kb and monthy cycle forward grants 10kb and the validity is event occurrence + 2 days
4. Reservation config was configured for 72hrs
5. Created an account on JAN 26th 10:00 with the above CO and 10kb expires at JAN 28 midnight
6. Processed a usage request for 54 mb at JAN 27th 10:00 without rsu (Requested Service Units)
7. GSU is 10kb and Credit ceiling breach occurred as expected but the validity is coming as 72hrs instead of 14hrs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document