AutoVue Fails to Display Microsoft Word “Nonbraking Hypen”(-) Special Character
(Doc ID 2749089.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle AutoVue 2D Professional - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle AutoVue 3D Professional Advanced - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle Autovue for Agile Product Lifecycle Management - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle AutoVue Electro-Mechanical Professional - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle AutoVue Office - Version 21.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
AutoVue 22.214.171.124 fails to display Microsoft Word "Nonbraking Hypen" (-) special character.
AutoVue should display the "Nonbraking Hypen" (-) special character.
Steps to reproduce
- Create a Microsoft Word document and add some text or numbers with "Nonbraking Hypen" characters, for example "2-3" and "Test-Test".
- To add the "Nonbraking Hypen" character(-), on the Insert tab of Microsoft Word, in the Symbols group, click Symbol.
- In the box that opens, click More Symbols. In the Symbol dialog box, on the Special Characters tab,
- Click the Nonbreaking Hyphen row to highlight it, and then click Insert.
- Save the Word document, and open it in AutoVue 126.96.36.199.
- Notice that AutoVue fails to show the "Nonbraking Hypen" character(-), for example "2-3" will display as "23" and "Test-Test" will display as "TestTest"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|When using AutoVue 188.8.131.52|
|Pre AutoVue 184.108.40.206 or AutoVue 220.127.116.11|