SafetyNet Code to Handle Terminate Request When Balance Update Wrongly Creates Positive Balances
(Doc ID 2754430.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a sharing group where balance is present in owner and member uses the quota from parent balance.
Member can also be set with the limit, so that member is restricted. Limit can be set on member any time.
Initially there will not be any limit for member then later on, limit can be set through channels.
- Member starts the usage and consumes 1GB (Giga Byte) from owner's balance.
- After 1GB of usage, there is a new session and it is an on-going data session and it consumed lets say 200MB (Mega Byte) and 100MB in active reservation.
- At this point monthly member limit is set to 1GB
- Since the member already used 1GB the member limit is set as 0. This process also activates the member discount.
- It is balance update, so RAR (Re-Auth Request) is generated and new CCR-U (Credit-Control-Request) comes and it redirects as member limit is zero.
When the session is terminated, it is creating positive balance. Whatever is there in consumed reservation becomes positive balance.
Whatever units before RAR should be committed separately.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document