Issue with the Base "Case Type - Enter Status" Algorithm CSEN-CC
(Doc ID 2755344.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 2.7 to 2.8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a bug in the base "Case Type - Enter Status" algorithm CSEN-CC (Description = Create Customer)
In v2.5, the algorithm uses the Customer Contact and Customer Contact Characteristic Row Maintenance programs to create the CC and its Case ID characteristic. In this setup, CIPQECCX was able to provide the required Case ID value before calling the CC Characteristic Row Maintenance.
In v2.7, the program now uses the Customer Contact Page Maintenance instead of the Customer Contact Row Maintenance. This change meant that CIPQECCX should specify the required Case ID value before calling the Customer Contact Page Maintenance to add the Customer Contact - but it didn't. This results in a base error specifying that the required Case ID characteristic is NOT specified.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create a custom Customer Contact Type that requires a Case Characteristic.
2. Create a custom algorithm for the base algorithm type CSEN-CC. It uses the Customer Contact Type created earlier that requires a Case Characteristic.
3. Modified the Product Inquiry Case Type to use the custom algorithm CM_CCPI.
4. Add a "Product Inquiry" Case for an Account/Person.
5. Specify CI_PI (Product Inquiry) for the Case Type and press Save.
6. Error is encountered.
Foreign Key Reference is required for Characteristic Type Case (CI_CASE).
Foreign Key Reference is required for the specified Characteristic Type.
Message number: 2, 55803
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document