Error Reported in log After Completing OPLA Incremental Stage CDC LOAD - ERROR:ORA-06502: PL/SQL: NUMERIC OR VALUE ERROR: CHARACTER STRING BUFFER TOO SMALL
(Doc ID 2758083.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Product Lifecycle Analytics - Version 3.6.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run Stage ODM CDC ETL Load, LOAD is completed, but can see the following error occurs in the ETL log
plsql block.MDS.MDS_COM_ITEM_F_PRO,,,,,Error occurs while fetching the journal entries;...Error:ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small,,,
WHAT IS WORKING:
Full ETL is completing without any error in the log.
Stage ODM CDC load is completing but this error is reported in ETL log file.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
OPLA Version: 3.6.1
Agile: 936 RUP12
1. Install OPLA
2. Connect to ODI Server, Go to OPLADataMart\bin\Configurator.bat
3. Select Option -> ETL Configuration
4. Set Stage ETL load type to FULL and MDS ETL load type to 'FULL',
5. In ODI Operator, Run the scenario in ODI, "Analytic_ETL_VERSION 001" | Execute
6. After Full ETL completed successfully, Start Stage ODM CDC ETL.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document