When the Button 'Mark Complete' Is Used to Change the Status of Action Item ,the Error Message from the Event Process Extension(Event PX) Is Not Displayed in Banner
(Doc ID 2759678.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 9.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PX error message not returned to user when using "Mark Complete" button to change Action Item status
When attempting to use the "Mark Complete" button to mark an Action Item created under a Functional team as complete, a java script error occurs and the return message from a PX is not displayed to the user. The update just fails. The PX's return message is however recorded properly in the history tab. The user does not understand what happened without looking at the history tab, as when the try to mark the action item as complete, it just appears that nothing happens.
When changing the status any other way, (i.e. updating the status through the inline table update feature or opening the popup window and updating the status field their) everything works properly and the PX's return message is displayed to the user as expected.
The inline update to Complete and Mark Complete button should display the error in banner message.
Only for inline update the banner message is displayed now.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In the Agile Server, deploy an Event PX to validate the status change in Action Items of Functional Teams.
2. Log in to Web Client.
3. Change the status of an Action item to complete - either through inline table update feature or opening the popup window and updating the status field.
4. The error message from the Event Px is displayed correctly in banner for the user to see and also in History tab of the Action Item.
5. Now, Click on Mark Complete button of the Action Item.
6. The error message is correctly seen only in History tab and not in banner.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document