Case Copy Does not Retain Site Security (SITE_ID) Settings From Original Case
(Doc ID 2764511.1)
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety - Version 8.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Currently when a case is copied, it picks up the SITE_ID / security settings of the current user performing the copy activity, and does not retain the original case SITE_ID privacy settings
For example Case A is created by a User in Site A
Privacy settings are enabled for SITE A, so that users assigned that site cannot see Personally identifiable information (PII) for reporter or patient i.e.
If user in SITE B copies this exact same case then the security settings for SITE B are assigned to the copied case i.e.
- [Argus Console] > [Access Management] > Argus > Sites > Set up a new Site 'SITE_A' with below options:
[x] Protect Patient Confidentiality - Default
[x] Protect Reporter Confidentiality - Default
[ ] Bulk Report By Form (Approved Reports) - Default
- [Argus Console] > [Access Management] > Argus > Groups > Group 'Privacy' also set 'no access' to Case Reporter-Personal Reporter Information
- Configure a user 'Site_A_User' assigned site 'SITE_A'
- Under Site Security other sites have access to all but utilizing the Privacy group settings
- Set up another global user in a different site e.g. Site_B_user, who has Full access to SITE_A but respecting PRIVACY group only settings for site security
- Login as new user 'Site_A_user' and create a simple case
- New Case CASE_A
- By default all reporter and patient information is marked as confidential.
- Log in as global user 'Site_B_user' and open this case all the privacy information for Reporter are hidden/not displayed for this case as expected (Due to Privacy Group restrictions)
- However, as Global user (Site_B_user) if now select [Case Actions] > Copy, opt to create 1 copy of case, and select ALL fields [Select All].
- In the copy of the case (created by Site_A_User), all fields including privacy information are visible, so site_id of original case is not respected on copied case.
This is because the site id is now that of the global user group in the copied case
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document