J-Drug Code Removes After Coding Non-Company Drug With WHO-Drug Dictionary
(Doc ID 2765099.1)
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Argus Safety Japan - Version 8.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Japanese case product tab (COI : Japan), the non-company drug (for example "アスピリン" which is Aspirin in Japanese) with J-Drug Code has been configured.
Change the case view mode to English and select the English non-company drug from WHO-Drug dictionary so that English drug name (for example, "Aspirin") populates.
When change back the case view mode to Japanese, J-Drug Code disappears after coding non-company drug with WHO-Drug dictionary.
1. Login to Argus with Argus-J user account
2. Open the case (COI : Japan) in the Japanese case view mode
3. Go to the product tab
4. Click the (New) tab
5. Press the [Encode] button
6. Search and select the non-company drug on J-Drug Dictionary browser (for example, select "アスピリン" which is Aspirin in Japanese)
7. In the product tab, confirm that J-Drug Code value appears in J-Drug code field
8. Change the case view mode to English
9. Press the [Encode] button
10. Search and select the non-company drug on WHO-Drug Dictionary browser (for example, select "Aspirin")
11. confirm that the selected drug name appears in the product tab
12. Change the case view mode to Japanese again
The J-Drug Code value that confirmed at step 7 disappears and this is a blank field.
This issue does not occur in 8.2.1 or 8.1.x version.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document