When Opened From Select-A-Device Dialog, the Device Details Tool Shows Details For a Different Device
(Doc ID 2766595.1)
Last updated on APRIL 13, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.4 to 2.5]
Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 2.4 to 2.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Web Workspace, Viewer
When the "Device Details" tool is opened from the Select-a-Device dialog, the tool appears to be displaying information from the tooltop datastore and NOT from the selected device.
Steps to Reproduce in OPAL:
1. Login to Web Workspace and open viewer
2. Search for "Lake" substation and pan to F1594 device (any other device)
3. Zoom out to a scale above 1000ft/200m
4. Bring up the "Select a Device" dialog with rubber band selection around device F1594
4. Select a device/conductor near to device i.e. "OH3PH-2271653-461..." from list of conductors displayed
5. Click on Device details button
6. Observe the details in Device details balloon,
the device details balloon show information about Breaker instead of Rack, the viewer message area display correct device name in message area
Attached screen from OPAL.
it seems configuration changes might not work in this case and might need more changes, the Control too getting display correctly
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document