Unable to Install AutoVue with Error "Default socket port 5099 is in use or is not available" Even Though the Port Is Available
(Doc ID 2770779.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2021
Applies to:Oracle AutoVue 2D Professional - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle AutoVue 3D Professional Advanced - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle AutoVue Electro-Mechanical Professional - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle AutoVue Office - Version 21.0.2 and later
Oracle AutoVue EDA Professional - Version 21.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When installing Autovue, gets below error in the installation wizard
Default socket port 5099 is in use or is not available. Specify a different socket port for Autovue Server
- Port 5099 is available and not used by the other application
- Installing on a new server machine
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Run AutoVue Installer on the server machine
- The installation wizard appears
- Input host name when prompted, and Next
- Input port 5099 for the socket port when prompted, and Next
- Gets the message in the installation wizard
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document