MCAD Save to an Item on a Change Order Wipes Out The BOM Notes
(Doc ID 2772417.1)
Last updated on MAY 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users notice when saving from MCAD connector 184.108.40.206 to Agile PLM 9.3.6 that BOM Notes previously entered are wiped out if the Item is on a Change.
BOM Notes should not be redlined (wiped out)
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Use a test SolidWorks assembly with 2 or more parts and open the save preview.
- Select everything and press "create items"
- Save it to Agile.
- Open the "Main-part" of the created BOM and write some notes into the "BOM Notes" column
- Go back to SolidWorks and press the save button again.
- In the save preview, select everything and click "assign change"--> use the Check-In and save everything again to agile.
- In SolidWorks use the function "insert component"
- Choose one equal part from the assembly which is already in there and insert it.
- Open the save preview and save everything with activated "check-in" function.
- Open the created ECO and click on the "Affected items" tab.
- "BOM Notes" column has been redlined after these steps and this is the issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document