DB Persistence - Conditional RUM Usage Failing when Persistence DB is Down
(Doc ID 2773707.1)
Last updated on MAY 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Elastic Charging Engine (ECE), Conditional Ratable Usage Matrices(RUM) usage failing when persistence Database(DB) is down.
When the persistence DB is down, still the usage flow will continue work and keep accumulating rated events in cache. The normal usage is working fine when the persistence DB is down. But when the bundle is having conditional RUM then the usage flow is not working and there is an error in Elastic Charging Server log (ecs.log) mentioning about DB connection failure.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create conditional RUM bundle which grants quota on first Credit Control Request (CCR) Update request.
- Create account and purchase the bundle.
- Stop Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) DB
- Pass the usage. First update request is failing with system error.
2. Shut DB down. The expectation is, even when DB is down, usage flow should not be impacted.
3. There is no data in the cache.
It is expected that the usage flow should work in write-behind mode so that even if there is interruption in DB, usage flow will not be impacted. Order flow will work in write-through mode.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document