REF Is Not Processing Rated Events Created During DB Down Period
(Doc ID 2781692.1)
Last updated on JUNE 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The below scenario is not working as expected:
- Shutdown Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) database (DB).
- Start the usage processing. The usages are going fine without any issue even the ECE DB is down.
- After few minutes of continuous usage, stop usage processing.
- Start ECE DB.
- The rated events in cache is getting persisted to ECE DB as expected.
- But these rated events are not processed by Rated Event Formatter (REF).
- After sometime, these rated events are purged.
1. When DB is down for a duration and then if DB comes up, the rated events are persisted little late by rated event publisher and REF is moving forward with the check point time. This is leaving some Rated Events (REs) unprocessed and later on it is getting purged. So there is a loss of REs.
2. Same issue (delay in persistence of RE) can happen when the federation is slow or it is interrupted due to some reason. Because REF will run in site1 and REs generated in site2 will be federated to site1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document