Balance Group Locking is Failed for Inactive Billinfo During PCM_OP_BILL_COLLECT for New Billinfo
(Doc ID 2785277.1)
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While testing Patch 32332455, found the error in the below scenario where pymt_collect fails during Out Of the Box pin_collect execution.
Billing is getting triggered for Inactive Billinfo when PCM_OP_BILL_COLLECT is called for new Billinfo, and balance group locking issue is observed during make bill call
The scenario details are as follows:
1. Account created with base service-1 on 12th-Jan-2021 with a monthly plan
2. Billing done on 12th Feb and payment collected
3. Customer does a cancel auto renew so that the products will get cancelled on next BDOM ( Billing Day of Month) (basically sets product end dates to 12th March)
4. On BDOM-2, 12th March, the products are cancelled and the billinfo status is set to inactive (billinfo-1)
5. On March 22nd, the customer subscribes a new service service-2 which is under the same account and a new billinfo (billinfo-2)
6. The immediate charges are settled on March 22nd, with an order payment
7. On next BDOM, April 22nd, the bill is generated for service-2.
However, when pin_collect gets executed for billinfo-2, it is trying to do a make_bill for the old billinfo, billinfo-1, and this is failing .
How to fix the above issue?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document