DB Source migrated to another server and while running OUA Product Config.sh Register Fails
(Doc ID 2787000.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Advanced Spatial and Operational Analytics - Version 188.8.131.52.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.10 version, Install / Upgrade
OUA Product config.sh Register Fails
The Database(DB) Source migrated to another server, thus the host and service name changed.
When running "/app/XXXX/XXXX/oua_220.127.116.11.10/bin/config.sh" and selecting; 1. Configure Source, then 2. Register Source; in order to update the source DB information in Apex; the process fails with the following error (written to std out), after clicking 'Finish' in the Completion Summary.
- 2021-04-22 11:28:23,699 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO (oua.base.BIProject) Detected jdk version is : 1.8.0_281
- 2021-04-22 11:28:23,816 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR (oua.base.BIRepository) Error: IO Error: Unknown host specified Cause:oracle.net.ns.NetException: Unknown host specified
- 2021-04-22 11:28:23,816 [AWT-EventQueue-0] INFO (oua.base.BIRepository) Verifying that the Metadata DB user [MDADM] has DW_PRIVS_ROLE privilege
- 2021-04-22 11:28:23,816 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR (oua.base.BIRepository) MDADM= does not have DW_PRIVS_ROLE permission
- 2021-04-22 11:28:23,910 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR (oua.base.BIRepository) Error: IO Error: Unknown host specified Cause:oracle.net.ns.NetException: Unknown host specified
I'm speculating the main error is related to the 'Unkown host"? The MDADM permissions may be downstream. We already verified MDADM has the DW_PRIVS_ROLE, and the DW_PRIVS_ROLE has all of the expected grants.
We also triple checked the correct source product, and all of the fields in the Source DB Connection Details, GoldenGate Details, JAgent Details, etc... The Source DB is also available.
Attached are a few screenshots showing the problem, as well as the config.sh log.
Within the config.sh log, there is a null pointer exception, which I'm unsure of it's relevance.
2021-04-22 11:28:23,910 WARNING  com.oracle.cie.wizard.gui.tasks.OutcomeSummaryGUITask - Error occured in performing checkbox operation through external API:com.oracle.oua.config.OutcomeSummaryExtensionHandler
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document