Usage Requests Rejected With BILLING_DUE Reason, Regardless Of BillingNotification Was Triggered
(Doc ID 2787254.1)
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Rating business logic
User is testing Delayed Billing scenario, as per documentation
**ECE Now Supports Processing Offline Charging Requests for Accounts for Which Billing Has Been Delayed**
When ECE receives an offline charging request for an account for which billing has been delayed, it does the following:
Rejects the offline charging request with the BILLING_DUE reason code
Sends a billing notification to BRM to trigger partial billing
Usage request sent AFTER partial billing was run is rejected with BILLING_DUE as long as the bill is not finalized.
1. ECE allows (does not reject) Usage Requests sent AFTER partial billing was executed.
2. Usage Request AFTER partial billing consumes from newly calculated resources, and is assigned to newly created bill.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create subscriber with on 31st May with DOM 1. So ACTG_NEXT is set 2021-06-01 00:00:00
2. Move virtual time to 1st June noon
3. Send usage request using OCOMC and receive BILLING_DUE error as expected.
4. Observe BillingNotification triggered.
5. Observe Partial billing triggered in BRM.
6. Move virtual time past partial billing [ just one hour pluse]
7. Send offline usage request post partial billing.
8. NOK -> receive BILLING_DUE reason code again.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document