Full Text Search Scheduler Task Is Not Running on Scheduled Time, Status Shows 'Failed' in Task Monitor
(Doc ID 2787287.1)
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Full Text Search (FTS) Scheduler Task is not running as scheduled.
It is scheduled to run at specific time every day, but it is not running at the right time when checking Last Indexed time.
When checking Task Monitor, see the Task shows status "Failed"
Full Text Search Scheduler Task to successfully run on scheduled time.
When scheduled to run at specific time every day, Full Text Search Schedule Indexing to run around the specified time every day, and Task Monitor to show Task status as "Completed"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log into Java Client as admin user, and go to Admin tab > System Settings > Full Text Search, and make below changes, and Save:
Recurrence: One day Starting at 10:00 PM On Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Go to Admin tab > System Settings > Task Configuration > Full Text Search Scheduler, and make below changes, and Save
Task Interval: 600
Task Lookback Window: 650
Task Disabled: No
- Monitor and see if Full Text Search scheduler runs around the scheduled time
- Check Admin tab > System Settings > Full Text Search, and check Last Indexed. Do not see the Full Text Search Indexing running around the scheduled time which is 10:00 pm in this case
- Check Admin tab > Server Settings > Task Monitor, and select Thread Status "All". See the Full Text Search Scheduler status shows "Failed"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document