Wrong VFP Deal Income Calculation For Pack Items
(Doc ID 2788060.1)
Last updated on JULY 15, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Vendor Funded Options(VFP) deal is created in Retail Merchandising System(RMS) through create deal option in Retail Price Management(RPM) for a pack item, pack and its component are added as items in RMS for that location and during income calculation on sales, income becomes 4 times the real income by looping Pack and Component.
This multiplied income gets posted to Accounts Payable(AP) and GL and causes a huge mismatch in supplier balances.
Steps To Recreate:
1. Navigate to RPM Application --> Create Promotions.
2. Add a Component with type 'Simple'.
3. In the Items section, add a Pack Item and select any location.
4. Provide a discount type (We tried Fixed Amount).
5. Go to Funding Section and click on Create Deal and provide supplier and billing details.
6. Approve the promotion and see that the deal in created in RMS.
7. See that Pack and its Component are added in the Item/location level to the deal.
8. Make a sale in the Store (Eg.1000 qty) on the Pack and the promotion is rung.
9. When the sale is consumed in RMS, see that the Actual turnover and Actual Units are doubled on the pack and component item on the deal.
10. Also Notice that there are 4 entries of Deal Income (Tran code 6) posted in TRAN_DATA for the same sale with same timestamp.
11. When the invoice is generated on the reporting date, income gets posted as is which is 4 times the Real Income.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document