TIME_ZONE Parameter Is Not Taken into Consideration on ECE DC Cartridges
(Doc ID 2789006.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Offline Mediation Controller - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When submitting Call Detail Records (CDRs) trough Oracle Communications Offline Mediation Controller (OCOMC), despite the defined Timezone on the Node Programming Language (NPL) file, it always assumes the server Timezone. This is causing usage to be wrongly charged to the customers as Out of Bundle since it is started to occur before the bundle start upon new Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) provisioning.
- Usage CDRs are being submitted to Elastic Charging Engine (ECE) with Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) timestamps.
- On the NPL file for the ECE Distribution Cartridge (DC) TIME_ZONE parameter is set to “UTC”.
- Tried changing it to “GMT”, to “CET”, “CEST” and other timezones, however the event timestamps on Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) are always converted as if the input was on the server timezone.
• A data session event arrives to OCOMC Collection Cartridge (CC).
• Data session start timestamp maps to USAGEBUILDER “PARAM3” (Start Date), the date “2021-03-09 00:00:00” which has no offset to UTC
• The NPL file used for the ECE DC node is with the TIME_ZONE parameter set to “UTC” (the result is the same even when changing this parameter to other Timezones)
• The timestamp stored on BRM database as event_t.start_t for the given event is 1615244400 which translates to “2021-03-08 23:00:00” UTC
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document