Passing the Customer Data in Arabic While Creating Account in BRM; Arabic Text Displayed as Garbled
(Doc ID 2789183.1)
Last updated on JULY 05, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Passing the customer data in Arabic while creating an account in BRM; Arabic text displayed as garbled.
While creating an account in BRM using opcode PCM_OP_CUST_COMMIT_CUSTOMER, customer data like name, address, etc. have been passed in Arabic text, and the rest of the data in the English language. The customer got created successfully in BRM and also data committed in BRM DB as expected. The name and address of the account given in Arabic, are stored in Arabic, and the rest of the details in English. That can be viewed using the SQL query in BRM DB.
However, when robj of the /account is invoked, Arabic texts only displayed as garbage string of characters and English texts displayed correctly.
They tried performing the following steps, but there was no difference in the results obtained:
1. Ensure that the locale is set as "ar_JO" in the locale_descr.en_US file.
2. Load the locale_descr.en_US file using load_localized_strings utility and then verify that you are able to see the new /strings object created for the new Arabic locale
3. Execute the PCM_OP_CUST_COMMIT_CUSTOMER opcode.
4. Verify if the account creation is successful.
Result excerpts of robj as below:
3. PCM_OP_CUST_COMMIT_CUSTMER invoked. Account created using testnap. No change reflected.
Why this is so and how can this be corrected?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document