When Performing CSV Import To Create BP Line Items, When There Is A Failure the CSV Error FIle Displays More Lines Than Have Actual Errors
(Doc ID 2797555.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2021
Applies to:Primavera Unifier - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 19.12 to 20.12]
Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 to 21.7 [Release 19.12 to 21.7]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating Line Items in a Business Process (BP) record via CSV import, a CSV error file is generated. It was determined during analysis that there were only 3% of the 100-200 total lines with an actual error, but the Error CSV contained nearly 70% of the lines, indicating that there was an error with all of those. This requires the user to spend a lengthy amount of time checking the CSV line by line to determine the actual lines with a problem.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Log into the Unifier environment
- Navigate to the Project/shell where the BP record exists that needs the new Line Items to be created via CSV import.
- Update the CSV template with required data.
- Import the CSV and the creation of the line items fails with an Error CSV generated.
- User reviews the Error CSV and it has nearly 3/4 of the lines listed as if they have errors.
- After reviewing the CSV file it is found that less than 5% of the lines actually had errors.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document