Application Crashes with "Error Number 1" for "Divide by zero" Problem While Auto Building STS1 and VT1 connections in SONET Network Using the AutoBuild Wizard
(Doc ID 2799118.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When auto building STS1 and VT1 connections in SONET Networks using the AutoBuild Wizard, the application crashes with an "Error Number 1" for a "Divide by zero" problem followed by an "Error Number 2" for a "Null object reference". Below is an image of the first error and the complete text for both errors.
Image of Error Number 1
Error Number 1 Text
1. Inventory Management
2. Network Systems.
3. Double-click Network Template List.
4. Expand SONET/SDH.
5. Right-click on the MetaSolv TM SONET/SDH Template and select "Add Network Design...".
6. Double-click on the canvas and enter the Network Properties.
Ring Type: Physical
Rate Code: OC12
Fiber Count: 2
Protection Type: Line Switched MS-SPRing
Switching Direction: Bi-directional
7. Click OK.
8. Select "Options > Activate Pending Changes" from the top menu.
9. Save the network.
10. Add four nodes to the network by right-clicking on the canvas and selecting "Add Node..." and entering each node's properties.
11. Select "Options > Activate Pending Changes" from the top menu.
12. Connect all four nodes in a ring pattern by repeating the steps below until completed.
(a) Right-click on the first node and select "Add Connection (From)".
(b) Right-click on the second node and select "Add Connection (to)...".
(c) Click "Next" to continue through the Add Connection Wizard.
(d) Click "Next" on Change Designations window.
(e) Click "Next" on Change Rate Codes window.
(f) Click "Finish" to close the Add Connection Wizard.
13. Select "Options > Activate Pending Changes" from the top menu.
*** DO NOT SAVE THE NETWORK ***
14. Select "Options > AutoBuild..." from the top menu.
15. Click "Next" to continue through the AutoBuild Wizard.
16. Select the "Select Specific Facilities to Build From the View Designations Process" check-box on the Which Connections window.
17. Uncheck the bottom two facilities leaving the first two selected and click "Next".
18. Change the Count field value to 1 in the How Many Facilities window and click "Next".
19. Select one of the channels other than the first channel in the Change Designations/Specify Facilities window and click "Next".
20. Click "Next" again.
21. Click "Next" in the Change Rate Codes window.
22. Click "Finish" to complete the AutoBuild Wizard.
* Note the "Error Number 1" for "Divide by zero at line 144" displays.
23. Click OK to acknowledge the error.
24. Click "No" to the save changes message.
* Note the application crashes/disappears then displays the "Error Number 2" for a "Null object reference at line 13".
25. Click OK to acknowledge the error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document