Response Missing In PCAP And Unwanted Session In ActiveSession Cache
(Doc ID 2803528.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are two issues got generated while passing response through Diameter Gateway
1. For some INITIATE request for which reponse sent as "DIAMETER_CREDIT_LIMIT_REACHED", the session with operation as "INITIATE" is still present in ActiveSession cache(without any resultcode).
2. For the UPDATE request for sessions (update request has come before initiate response was sent), there is no response to network i.e no CCA was sent.
Although it is seen that session in ActiveSession cache with result as "SUCCESS".
These two issues results in piling up the sessions in a ece cache.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
It is noticed that user who is being moved to grace state and have no balance to do the usage expect for RGID = 9000 i.e. only 9000 RGID will be success.
1. At first initiate request has comes with RGID : 8999 ,immediately update request has come for RGID : 9000(before initiate response was sent).
2. One can see in PCAP response ,the CCA-Initiate went with 4012 result code (expected) but there is no CCA for update request.
3. Also in some cases,initiate session is still active in ece cache.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document