Type Ahead Search in Project Code Field of Grid View of the EPS Page Does Not Recognize Child Project Code Values
(Doc ID 2806071.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52 version, P6 Application
Type ahead search is not functioning properly in Grid view of the EPS page. After creating a hierarchical project code with a parent code value and child code values, and then typing in the field for the code value in the EPS page, type ahead search works for the parent code value but the child code values don't seem to be recognized and do not come up as values or options to assign. The user must physically open the dialog box to select any of the child code values.
Type ahead search in fields on the EPS page should recognize parent codes and child codes
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to P6
2. Go to Administration > Enterprise Data > Project Codes
3. Click the +Add drop down box
4. Select Add Code
5. Name Project Code
6. Click Gear Icon next to new Project Code
7. Select Add Code Value
8. Name Parent Project Code Value
9. Click Gear Icon next to new Parent Project Code Value
10. Select Add Child Code Value
11. Name Child Project Code Value
12. Click Save
13. Go to Projects > EPS > Grid View
14. Click Customize View
15. Add the new Project Code to the Selected Columns
16. Click Save
17. Close Manage Views dialog box
18. Choose Project to add new Project Code Value
19. Type in Project Code field and notice only Parent Project Code Values are returned
20. Open dialog box and notice you can choose Child Project Code Values from list
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot quickly assign Project Code values in the Grid View of the EPS page, which slows down productivity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document