Item Number and Design Number is Editable in Connector When it Should Be Read Only
(Doc ID 2816480.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Item Number and Design Number is editable in MCAD connector.
Item Number and Design Number to be read only in MCAD connector.
Steps to replicate:
- Open the Preferences dialogue, change the options as follows:
Item Assignment = Create and Link
Save As = Item and Design
- Save the changes made to the Preferences.
- Open the Save Preview, open the Side Bar. Verify that the Item and Design number text fields in the Details pane are enabled (means they are editable).
- Close the CAD system. Close all MCAD dialogs.
- Open CaxConfig.xml and change the option setting "ReadOnlyNumberFields" in the "BrowserDisplay" section to "true". Add the option setting to that section if it is not there.
- Save the changes made to CaxConfig.xml.
- Start up the CAD system. Login to Agile if prompted.
- Create a new part, assembly or drawing in the CAD system and save it locally.
- Open the Save Preview window. Double click the object in the tree view to open the Details pane in the Side Bar.
- Verify that the Item and Design Number text fields in the Details pane of the Side Bar are editable.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document