Application Crashes With "Error Number 6" When Inserting Existing Network Element/Component/Node Into Network System
(Doc ID 2827489.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The application crashes with an "Error Number 6" when attempting to insert an existing network element/component/node into a Network System. Below is the complete error message text.
Error Number 6.
Error text = Invalid DataWindow row/column specified at line
53 in constructor event of object u_opt_networkinsertnode..
Window/Menu/Object = u_opt_networkinsertnode.
Error Object/Control = u_opt_networkinsertnode.
Script = constructor.
Line in Script = 53.
1. Inventory Management.
2. Network Systems.
3. Open an Optical/TDM network.
4. Right-click on a connection between two elements and select "Insert Component..."
5. Select YES to "The pending changes to this network will be saved prior to initiating the Insert Component operation" message.
6. Select an available component type and click OK.
7. Enter data for an existing element/component in the Managing a Component window and click OK.
8. Select YES to the "This network element already exists. Would you like to share the existing element into this network?" message.
9. Select the existing element in the Component/Element Search window and click OK.
10. Click OK in the Managing a Component window and the application crashes with the Error Number 6.
Installed or upgraded to MetaSolv Solution 22.214.171.1247.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document