AutoVue Stopped Working and Fails to Generate Server Logs, Staring Up from Command Shows Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger
(Doc ID 2835192.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2022
Applies to:Oracle AutoVue 3D Professional Advanced - Version 21.0.1 to 21.0.1 [Release 21.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
AutoVue Server is not running successfully.
When starting AutoVue server from Windows service, AutoVue server is not generating AutoVue server logs under %AutoVue_Home%\bin\Logs
When attempting to start up AutoVue server, it shows below error:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In the Control Panel select Administrative Tools > Services, and select the Oracle AutoVue Server service, and Start
- Do not see logs generated under: %AVS_home%\bin\Logs
- From the Services console, select Oracle AutoVue Server service and stop the service
- Launch command prompt, and run below from AutoVue_home\bin:
- Gets error in the command window
log4j.jar was removed from AutoVue installation directory
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document