[From Status] and [To Status] Displaying Wrong Values in Custom Notifications Subject
(Doc ID 2835234.1)
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Wrong value for status displayed in subject of custom notifications triggered using Event Process Extension(PX).
When a custom notification is triggered via an Event PX , depending on the event type - 'pre' or 'post' Agile Application Programming Interface(API) is returning either only [From Status] or only [To Status] value for both statuses ,respectively.
Due to this, the notification subject displays wrong 'to' status in case of pre events and wrong 'from' status in case of post events.Issue seen in both Email and Inbox notifications.
Agile API should return corresponding values of 'from' and 'to' statuses when custom notification is triggered via pre or post event PX.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Write an Event PX which triggers custom notifications when the status of a Change Order is changed.
2. The PX code should add the 'From' and 'To' Status values of the workflow in the subject line of the notification.
3. Build the PX and deploy in <Agile_Home>/agile_domain/sdk/Extensions folder.
3. Log into Java Client.
4. Go to Admin | System Settings | Notifications.
5. With Object Type - 'Changes' create a new Notification with 'From' and 'To' status Data tags in the subject.
6. Go to Admin | System Settings | Event Management.
7. Create a new event with Event type - 'Change Status for workflow'.
8. Create a new Event Handler and configure the PX.
9. Create a new Event Subscriber,add the event,event handler,workflow and enable the subscriber.
10. Log into Web Client.
11. Move a Change Order with the workflow chosen in the event subscriber to next status.
12. Users receive notification with same values for both 'From' and 'To' statuses in the subject which is wrong and confusing to the recipients.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document