Users Cannot Receive Email Notification For ETL Completion When "Smtp Authentication Required" Is Disabled
(Doc ID 2836385.1)
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2022
Applies to:Primavera Analytics - Version 20.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The users cannot receive Email notification when ETL completes in a situation that the "Send Email Notification" is enabled and "SMTP Authentication Required" is not selected.
The users are able to receive email notification successfully when "SMTP Authentication Required" is selected, even if the Email server does not require the SMTP authentication. But the problem is that it works when any invalid User/Password is provided.
Users can receive the notification email about the ETL completion when the E-Mail Account Info is configured correctly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run Primavera Data Warehouse Configuration Utility (ConfigStar.cmd or .sh).
2. Configure Admin App Settings to populate the correct E-Mail Account Info. Disable "SMTP Authentication Required" as the Email server doesn't require this authentication.
3. Log on Primavera Analytics Administration. Configure the specific STARETL instance to enable "Send Email Notification" and provide the email addresses.
4. Run an ETL on Primavera Analytics Administration (p6rdb).
5. After ETL completes successfully, the users receive no email notification.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document