SolidWorks "Save As" Function Is Not Working Correctly, The Parts Name Are Not Changed After the Save Even After Renaming Them When Saving
(Doc ID 2847590.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM MCAD Connector - Version 3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The "Save As" functionality is not working correctly. The parts name are not changed after the save. The files were renamed when saving but the modification is not taking effect.
Parts should have been renamed
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable Strict Modification Workflow.
- Enable Rename on Initial Save and Rename on Save.
- Open test assembly in SolidWorks and Save to Agile PLM with activated Checkin option.
- Close test assembly in SolidWorks.
- Reopen test assembly in SolidWorks. Solidworks will display a message that the file is read only, this is fine and expected.
- Open Save Preview. Error popup is displayed warning file is read only and modifications will not be saved in Agile PLM. Click Yes.
- On the Save preview, Perfom a Save As on the top assembly and one part. Click Continue to Save to Agile PLM.
- A popup warning assembly requires rebuild is displayed. It shows assembly has missing parts.
- The missing files referenced are the original assembly files before the initial save i.e. before renaming.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document