Contract Deletion Fails Due To Incorrect Validation On Account
(Doc ID 2858493.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On RMB v18.104.22.168.0, Contract deletion fails due to incorrect validation on account.
One of our custom batch deletes a contract. When trying to do so for such contract, it identified an Account with the same ID and throws referential integrity issue. So it fails to delete.
The contract being deleted and the account are not related here except that they have same ID.
We expect that Contract deletion should occur successfully.
Program Name: CmIADeletePreProcess_Impl
Text: Can't delete SA (Service Agreement) (Contract ID nnnnnnnnnn) it is referenced by Party (Party UID nnnnnnnnnn)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ensure that two ID's (SA_ID and ACCT_ID) are same, and belongs to two independent hierarchies
2. Add an entry for that account in Party table with party type flag defined as 'ACCT'
3. Create a contract with the created SA
4. Delete the contract associated with the SA or Run the Custom Batch that does it
- it fails to delete the contract and throws the above mentioned error for finding common IDs.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot do the specific contract deletion which affects the production.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document