PCM_OP_BAL_CHANGE_VALIDITY Is Not Working in ECE as Expected for a First Usage Based One-time Charge Offer
(Doc ID 2859947.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue is that PCM_OP_BAL_CHANGE_VALIDITY opcode is not working as expected for a first-usage based one-time charge offer wherein the validity change is updated in Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) but not in Elastic Charging Engine (ECE).
- Customer has 'travel bundles' which offer data allowances which is valid for 14 days from the first usage.
- These bundles are configured with a charge offer with a one-time event to grant data allowance valid for 14 days from the first usage.
- When the validity period of these charge offers are updated in PDC (e.g., 14 days to 30 days), customer wants to update the validity period of the data allowance with 30 days for the existing customers.
Steps to reproduce:
- In Pricing Design Center (PDC), create charge offer with first usage validity.. with purchase fee event, credit some non-currency resource, validity is from first usage to 14 days from validity
- In PDC, create bundle/package
- Create account and purchase above package, 29 Dec
- Check ECE balance cache and BRM balance group object, both should reflect same validity. See below snippets, see that duration:"P14D" in ECE cache:
- See that in ECE: duration:"P14D" ------> this is not OK, expected is "P30D"
See that in BRM: PIN_FLD_VALID_TO_DETAILS INT  123908 -----> this is OK
Note: If the same scenario is repeated with an existing customer where first usage has already triggered the 14 days allowance, then the above is not present.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document