Billing Care Newsfeed Section has Incorrect/Misleading Adjustment Details
(Doc ID 2861465.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Billing Care, newsfeed section has incorrect/misleading adjustment details.
Below is the scenario where the discrepancy on newsfeed section is seen in Billing Care screen.
1. Create an account
2. Passed several usages
3. Simulated payment failure
4. Account entered into collections. All the charges got adjusted.
Note that the usage events was adjusted in a single transaction.
By looking at the usage adjustments, each newsfeed entry show the accumulated charge, hence customer service representative (CSR) will get the wrong information, this leads to a confusion of having multiple adjustments.
Newsfeed section should show only one newsfeed entry with consolidated adjustment amount. If displaying all the 9 adjustment items is the expected out-of-box behavior, then each entry should only shows its corresponding adjustment amount instead of accumulated amount.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Created Customer on 20-Jan-2022
2. Performed Order Billing (Bill Now) on 21-Jan-2022
3. Subscribed to Payroll service 31-Jan-2022
4. Performed Order Billing (Bill Now) on 01-Feb-2022
5. Passed 9 custom payroll usage events on the same day (01-Feb-2022) which created 9 usage payroll events.
6. Simulated the payment failure to make the payment fail
7. Performed the Next BDOM Billing on 20-Feb-20222. Billing went success, payment failed and account entered into collections
8. Performed Next BDOM Billing 20-Mar-2022, (19-Mar-2022 was De-Entitlement day). System does the adjustment of open items and inactive the services, which includes the CF items of both 20-Feb and 20-Mar and usage events of 20-FEB.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document