FILE_MODIFIED_DATE for Attachments is Getting Corrupted in Database
(Doc ID 2866028.1)
Last updated on MAY 11, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 2.4 to 2.5]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.4 to 2.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Web Workspace
The FILE_MODIFIED_DATE of attachments is getting corrupted in database.
If we add an attachment to an event from OMA on (iPad) and try to open the same attachment from NMS event details, the file_modified_date is getting corrupted in NMS_ATTACHMENTS table(31-DEC-69 06.00.00.000000000 PM).
As a result of this if any user opens this event from OMA, app is throwing a popup stating
"Attachments updated by another user. Reload with updates..."
Some errors are getting logged in the managed server log stating "External file has an invalid modified date value of [1969-12-31 18:00:00.0]. Setting the modified date to current time".
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to OMA from iPad, open an event and add some attachments to it having different sizes(around 4MB).
2. Connect to database and check the value of file_modified_date field in NMS_ATTACHMENTS table. It will have a valid date/time.
3. Connect to NMS, open the event details of same event and from the attachments tab.
4. From database, check the value of file_modified_date field in NMS_ATTACHMENTS table.
(Here the file_modified_date will be updated to 31-DEC-69 06.00.00.000000000 PM)
5. From OMA, open the event details of respective event.
User will be continuously prompted with a popup stating "Attachments updated by another user. Reload with updates (discard your changes)?"
6. Check the weblogic logs for the respective server and note the errors being logged:
ERROR EXTERNDOCS: com.splwg.oms.model.entity.framework.ExternalDocument.getFileModifiedDate(ExternalDocument.java:114) : NMS-5003 - External file [cdv_photo_007.jpg] has an invalid modified date value of [1969-12-31 18:00:00.0]. Setting the modified date value of the file to the current time
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document