Getting Warning: "Server Error: ITEM Attachments Table is Read Only! #" When an Unincorporated Object is Trying To Update an Incorporated Item Attachment Table, Drawing/Assembly Fails to Save
(Doc ID 2867245.1)
Last updated on MAY 04, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Agile Engineering Collaboration - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When saving a drawing/assembly related to an unincorporated item that also has additional views created from other part CAD models that have incorporated items, it fails to save due to the fact that it is trying to updated the additional parts related incorporated item attachment table. The following warning will display in the connector after the saving operation:
"Server Error: ITEM Attachments Table is Read Only! #"
The save should work
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a drawing with multiple part view references.
Example: a drawing with an assembly as the main view and add additional views related to additional CAD model parts.
2. Using Agile EC save the objects in Agile creating related items.
3. Release the additional CAD model related items (not the drawing/assembly item) and incorporate the items.
4. Using Agile EC save the drawing/assembly related to the un-released unincorporated items.
Note: only the drawing and the assembly will be saved. The parts listed in the structure will be set not to be saved.
5. Result in error related to incorporated item parts is returned against the line items for the drawing and the assembly causing the save to fail.
Note: the error is due to how Agile EC is trying to add the drawing/assembly viewable objects to the parts item attachment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document