Cannot Add Personnel to Mobile Crews When User ID is Mixed Case
(Doc ID 2867861.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 2.5]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 2.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Mobile Apps
Mobile user ID mixed case issue when matching in NMS crews
The mobile user ID can have mixed case letters in it. When editing a crew make and adding personnel, it appears that only lowercase letters are used when doing the user name match.
This mismatch makes it so a mobile user crew can never be added to a NMS crew.
One should be able to edit a crew regardless of the ID
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In config asst, Add a new mobile user. Make sure USERNAME is mixed case when creating it.
2. In config asst, grant appropriate membership user types to user.
3. Log into OMA with newly created user. (Must be logged into OMA to complete the NMS steps)
4. Edit a crew or make a new crew in NMS
5. Select Personnel in edit crew
6. select new mobile user just created in config asst as personnel
7. Click OK and user is added to personnel window
8. Click OK again to close crew makeup
9. Edit the NMS crew again
The user disappears
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document