The Link URL Got From User Account Lockout Email Notification Not Opening the Java Client Login Page and Throwing Error: "Unable to launch application"
(Doc ID 2869952.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Agile Product Collaboration - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11 version, Java Client
When attempting to access the url got from User Account Lockout Email Notification the following error occurs.
Unable to launch application
The url got from User Account Lockout Email Notification should open the Java Client login page without any issue or error.
RUP14, Welogic 18.104.22.168, Java 1.8 261
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a browser and Launch the Agile PLM Java Client url - http://hostname:7001/JavaClient/start.html
2. Log into Agile PLM Java Client as admin user
3. Go to Admin -> Settings -> System Settings -> Notifications ->users - User Account Lockout -
Send mail notification to user
User account [General Info.User ID] ([General Info.First Name] [General Info.Last Name]) has been locked since this user has reached the maximum number of failed logon attempts. Please reset the login password for this user.
Access the following URL to see [General Info.User ID]:
4. User got the mail and click the url link.
5. It contains direct link to the object, but when user click, it's throwing 'Unable to launch application' error.
6. The url opens as http link not as https link.
7. Tried Pasting the copied URL to the address bar of the browser, and ENTER
8. See it fails with same error message.
If user edit the downloaded pcclient.jnlp file and modify the http to https then the application login page is opening without any issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document