XER Import To Update Projects Removes Existing Activity Code Assignments
(Doc ID 2891347.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 26, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After adding Activity Codes to a Project, an XER file, which does not contain these Activity Codes, is imported to update the existing project. Upon import the Activity Code assignments are removed from the existing project when the Import Template Option of Data Type Activity > Activities in the Modify Import Configuration is set to Delete.
Activity Code assignments should be retained when updating a schedule via XER import.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P6 Pro, create a project with one activity.
- Export the project.
- In P6 Pro, add a single activity code to the existing activity.
- Import the XER from step 2 using the Import Wizard.
- Import Project Options window > Import Action set to "Update Existing".
- On Update Project Options Window choose your template and select Modify.
- In the Modify Import Configuration window select the check box to Delete the Data Type: Activity > Activities.
- Click OK.
- Finish the import.
- Notice that the Activity Code assignment is removed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document