User Is Not Able To Override System Level Maximum Scaling Iterations On A PO
(Doc ID 2896258.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The user is not able to override system level maximum scaling iterations on a PO
The number of iterations that are required to scale an order may be quite high if order quantities are small and may result in severe performance problems if a high number of iterations is required in order to scale the order to the scaling constraints. To help in minimizing this potential problem a system level variable is available to limit the number of iterations during the scaling process. If during the scaling process, this number is exceeded, the scaling process stops, and the solution is deemed unacceptable, unless the solution falls within one of the acceptable solutions (G, Y, GG, GY), then it is deemed acceptable but with a warning. This iteration limit can be overridden at the order level if the user wishes to run the scaling process with an unlimited amount of iterations in order to achieve the most optimal solution for the order.
When scaling the order location XXX, a valid solution could not be found. Possible causes include reaching a maximum scaling value, end of season, store is closed, item-level minimum or maximum, or the items are exempt from scaling
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set system level Maximum Scaling Iterations = 600
2. Set up supplier/location inventory management parameters to scale orders to constraints. Type = Case, Maximum Value = 1440, Minimum Value = 1440. Tolerance on both = 0. Scaling Objective = Minimum. Scaling Level = Location Level.
3. Create PO for 674 CS of item from that supplier and distributed to the location for which scaling constraints were set up in step 2
4. Attempt to scale the order and an error pops up – “Errors were encountered during the scaling process. Select OK and check the Scaling Issues field on the Order Inventory Management Screen for further information.
5. Check the Issues section of the Order Inventory Management screen and see that the issue described as “When scaling the order location XXX, a valid solution could not be found. Possible causes include reaching a maximum scaling value, end of the season, the store is closed, item-level minimum or maximum, or the items are exempt from scaling”. Only
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document