Callbacks are Canceled When "force" parameter is "true" For CreateCallbacksCommand and CreateEventCallbacksCommand Commands and IVRAdapter is Started With "-cbAny"
(Doc ID 2896760.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Network Management System - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 2.5 to 2.6]
Oracle Network Management for Utilities - DMS - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 2.5 to 2.6]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version,
This issue is related to BUG 34367605 - NEED ABILITY TO OVERRIDE FOR GENERATE CALLBACKS FROM WORKAGENDA FOR EVENT
The migration says to configure things thusly:
1. Configure 'force' parameter to 'true' for CreateCallbacksCommand and CreateEventCallbacksCommand commands.
2. Submit an outage call without requesting callbacks.
3. Use Generate Restoration Callbacks option in Work Agenda or Trouble Info.
Currently all Callbacks = NO are still being cancelled.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Configure 'force' parameter to 'true' for CreateCallbacksCommand and CreateEventCallbacksCommand commands.
- Have IVR Adapter running with -'cbAny' command-line option.
- Submit an outage call without requesting callbacks.
- Use Generate Restoration Callbacks option in Work Agenda or Trouble Info.
Expected result: A record for the generated callback is written into the TROUBLE_CALLBACKS table.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document