Cmt_mta_deploy Utility Is Not Generating Prorated Charges
(Doc ID 2901085.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) 22.214.171.124.0 version,
As part of BRM migration, post completion of BRM Injection and Deploy, the "cmt_mta_deploy" utility is executed for generating cycle forward charges. But the utility generates cycle forward charges except Monthly Recurring Proration charges.
Here it is observed that there are no charges generated to the charge offer purchased (for example, purchase start date as 1st Jul, end date as 15 Jul)
Workaround: When the pin_cycle_fees(OOTB) utility is executed with option as -cycle_forward -start 07/01/22 then the charge offers which are set with end date cases are picked and generating prorated charge events.
As per the expectation, Prorated charges should be generated to the charge offer purchased from 1st Jul to 15 (purchase start date as 1st Jul, end date as 15 Jul)
1. Purchase charge offer from 1st Jul to 15 Jul having purchase start date as 1st Jul, end date as 15 Jul. At the same time purchase product cycle start and cycle end also same as purchase start and purchase end. (ex. 1 Jul to 15th Jul)
2. Set a delay of 15 days during CMT -BRM Injection
3. Set pin_virtual_time as 2nd Aug during Migration.
4. Post completion of BRM Injection and Publish, execute "cmt_mta_deploy" utility as below for generating cycle_forward events.
cmt_mta_deploy -verbose -stage_id $3 -cycle_dom $2 -cycle_forward -target_db $TARGET_DB
5. Verify whether the prorated charges are generated for the charge offer purchased from 1st Jul to 15
6. Execute pin_cycle_fees utility as below and verify if it generates the above prorated charges.
pin_cycle_fees -cycle_fees -start 07/01/22 -verbose
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document