Why BOL's Created In WMS Are Failing In SIM Due To Allocation Or Transfer Not Found ?
(Doc ID 2906182.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 19.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
BOL's are created in WMS and sent to RMS and SIM without any Transfer or Allocation details. RMS processed the BOL's and created the transfers as type 'EG' while creating the shipment, but the same BOL failed in SIM due to Allocation or Transfer not found issue because the EG type transfers didn't flown into SIM from RMS via RIB.
Steps to reproduce:
1. DC shipped BOL to store (to RMS and to SIM) with items that do not have any transfers or allocations
2. BOL will be sent to RMS and SIM.
3. RMS processed the BOL by creating the transfers of type 'EG' and created a shipment for the BOL.
4. The BOL that reached SIM, but failed to integrate into SIM due to the error Allocation or Transfer not found.
5. The transfer of type 'EG' which got created during BOL consumption in RMS didn't reach SIM and hence the BOLs in SIM failed to get integrated into SIM.
WMS publishes ASNOUT message to ETASNOUT topic,
Then the one ASNOUT message will go to ETASNOUTAT topic which will be consumed by RMS ,
TAFR will convert the ASNOUT messages to ASNIN message for SIM and SIM will consume it , SIM is not able to process the ASNIn message due to missing transfers.
Issue : If the transfer is not present in RMS, then RMS will create the transfer with type as 'EG'(Externally generated) and consume the ANSOUT Message, whereas SIM doesn't have the capability to create the transfer while consuming the shipment (ASNIn message).
From RMS we are not able to publish the 'EG'(Externally generated) type transfers to SIM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document