Realtime Discounting Pipeline Is Crashing
(Doc ID 2906365.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a customer system that recently went to production on Patch Set 23, following symptoms were seen:
- system is used for authorization and real time rating via AAAGateway and Connection Manager (CM), and discounting taken care by real Time Pipeline (RTP)
- topology involves 3 nodes/machines, on each node there are three RTPs, so there are total 9 RTPs
- RTP suddenly started to produce diagnostic dat file
- the process itself was showing as up and running
- soon there were locks in the database
- more incoming requests started to fail
- all RTPs on all nodes exhibited same behavior, producing diagnostic dat files and no longer processing requests
- all RTPs were restarted
- soon after restart, all locks in database vanished and normal processing resumed
- the same pattern would repeat after a random amount of time
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document