Plan Partitions, And Plans Defined
(Doc ID 291107.1)
Last updated on JUNE 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 11.5.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:MSCFPCMN - Define Plan Names
EXECUTABLE:MSCPRG - Purge Designator
1. Customer has 11 Plan defined in the system, and are using 11 plan partitions, and no other plan partitions are available.
2. They have the profile option MSC: share plan partition set to 'No'.
3. When they check the MSC_PLAN_PARTITIONS table, they see, it has 21 plan partitions defined
4. They want to understand, how can they have so many plan partitions, even though they can see only 11 plans.
5. They are using a Request Set to do the following:
--5.1 Run the ASCP Plan called DAILY_PLAN
--5.2 Run the Purge Designator program to purge a plan called DAILY_MON
--5.3 Copy DAILY_PLAN to DAILY_MON
--5.4 They have backup plans like this for each day.
6. The process will work fine the first week, but on subsequent weeks, the process errors, or removes the wrong plan from the system.
7. In MSC_PLAN_PARTITIONS they had multiple plans in different partitions with the same name, which is not allowed in the system.
The Purge Designator process was being run as part of a request set to make a backup copy of the overnight plan run.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document