P6 EPPM Web Offline Help Files Show Incorrect Version
(Doc ID 2916708.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The offline help files for P6 R21 incorrectly show version. The Headers show as version R16.
The files should contain documentation for R21.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Download the p6help.war file:
- Go to Download Link: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/F37127_01/index.htm.
- Select Configuring.
- Select How do I configure WebLogic (HTML).
- Select Configuring WebLogic for P6 EPPM > Adding Applications and Help to Managed Servers.
- Download the following two files:
- For P6 Help, http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E68199_01/p6help/war/P6_Help.zip.
- For P6 Team Member, http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E68199_01/team_member/web/help/war/TM_Help.zip.
- Use the p6help.war file associated with this readme to upload the latest P6 translated help files.
- Extract the file p6help.war from the zip associated with this readme to a temporary folder on the computer hosting P6.
- If running, stop the P6 server before updating help.
- Copy the p6help.war file to the /p6help/ location from which you host help for P6; by default this is the P6 home directory on the computer that is hosting P6.
- Restart the P6 application server. To make sure you see updated help, clear your browser cache. For clustered server, click Update in the Summary of Deployments pane in WebLogic to ensure the help is updated across all the nodes.
- Login to P6 Pro.
- Go to File > Work Offline.
- Go to Help > Local Help.
- Notice the documentation is incorrect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document