MPS Plan With CRP Enabled Does Not Consider Open Discrete Job Resource Requirements
(Doc ID 292180.1)
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Capacity - Version 11.5.8 and later
Oracle Materials Requirement Planning - Version 11.5.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In 11.5.8 Capacity Planning/MPS/MRP Planning in All instances
Users are running a Capacity enabled with Bill of Resource (BOR) MPS plan that includes supplies like wip discrete jobs/work orders with open resource requirements. However after the MPS plan is run successfully, and they see the existing WIP jobs, they see no required hours for the wip jobs. They do see required hours for the resources for planned orders
Expect WIP job resource requirements to be shown for open wip discrete jobs
1. Create Bill of Resource and load same in the CRP module for required resources
2. Create WIP discrete job for MPS planned item which has a routing with scheduled resources making certain the resources are part of 1 above
3. Create demand requirement for the supply in step 2 via manual MDS entry
4. Create MPS plan with BOR and Capacity enabled and run the plan
5. See Planned orders are being picked up for required hours for resources but wip jobs are not
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!