After A Database Restore Some Existing Users Cannot Login
(Doc ID 2929827.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2023
Applies to:Primavera Unifier - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a Unifier on-premise environment that is used for training purposes. A backup of the database is taken periodically so that after training sessions are completed the environment will be refreshed with the DB backup to delete data created during training. After a recent restoration with the database backup, some existing users cannot log into Unifier. The administrator has tried to reset the users password via User Administration both at the company level and at the site level and yet the user cannot login. The administrator has also tried to unlock the user. A new user was created and can log into the restored environment without any errors.
"Invalid Username or Password"
"This account has not been used in a while."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- The Unifier environment is restored with a saved backup of the Unifier database.
- Several existing users report that they cannot log into Unifier and receive one of the two errors noted above.
- Users attempt to reset their password, but still cannot login.
- The Unifier Administrator logs into the environment.
- From site level, select Companies > Select "Owner" or "Host" company > User Administration > Company Users > Select user "User01" that currently cannot login > Security tab > Enter Password / Enter Confirm Password > Save.
- Also, the Admin will attempt to unlock the account > Save.
- "User01" attempts to login with the new password, but "Invalid Username or Password" or "This account has not been used in a while." error is still displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document