SNR Generated Even Though Not All Data Consumed
(Doc ID 2967858.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The balance trigger expression in ECE always considers the active reservation. This leads to generating SNR even when one does not have some active reservation.
1. Create a primary subscription P01 with Bundle , which grants 3GB(3072 MB) of data.
2. Create a secondary subscription S01 under primary (subscription model), which will use primary’s allowances.
3. Do bill debit / usage such that only 300MB is left(2772 MB usage done).
3. Start usage from P01 and make usage such that:
3.a. consumed reservation 75 MB
3.b. active reservation 56.25 MB
3.c. keep the session alive.
4. Parallel usage started from S01
4.a. Upon usage of around 42 MB, -200 fixed threshold is breached via S01, Threshold breach notification generated for S01 ONLY
4.b. upon depletion, SNR triggered for both P01 & S01.
SNR generated for P01 & S01, even though P01 is yet to consume its reserved balance.
Expectation is to generate SNR only when the individual depletes its own reserved balance. In this case One by One for both.
- ECE= Elastic Charging Engine
- SNR= Spending-Status-Notification-Request
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document