Users Can Create Manual Curves But Cannot Remove Them
(Doc ID 2975038.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A child WBS level has the Project Security Profile privilege Edit Future Periods, but the parent WBS level does not.
A User who is assigned this Profile can manually update Future Period buckets in Project > Resource Assignments spreadsheet but when trying to change the curve from Manual to a different curve, they receive an error.
You do not have the security privilege required to change an assignment's resource curve when the assignment has a manual resource curve.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to P6 Pro.
- Open a Project.
- Go to Project > Resource Assignments.
- Add the "Curve" column.
- Select a Resource Assignment and notice there is no curve.
- Click on the Curve field and notice a curve can be added.
- Click on the spreadsheet bucket and notice that this can be edited.
- Manually update a Future Period bucket.
- Notice that the Curve changes from blank to "Manual".
- Click on the Curve field and receive error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document