Disabled Pop-up Menu Options Problem in Connection Hierarchy for Connection Design Window
(Doc ID 2977721.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution - Version 6.3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Intermittent disabled menu options problem in the "Connection Hierarchy for Connection Design" window (w_channelhier_maintforcircuit) after "Modify Search...". The behavior has been experienced for a very long time going back many releases, but just now being reported against 6.3.1.
The Connection Hierarchy for Connection Design window is currently being used to navigate to and "modify" the BW on connection positions for multiple facilities. The application works as expected for the first 2 facilities. This is with the "Both" radio button having been selected to see both View 1 and View 2 in the window. Using the "Modify Search..." feature on the right-hand side (View 2) of the window "usually" continues to work. However, using the "Modify Search..." feature on the left-hand side (View 1) appears to disable a whole section within the pop-up menu. The Open > "Connection Positions...", "Position Mappings...", "Facility Capabilities...", "Physical Segments...", "Separation Routes...","Connection Reference...", and "Trunk Groups..." menu options are all DISABLED - "grayed out". The Open > "Connection Design..." and "User Data..." options are still ENABLED. Once the behavior occurs, the pop-up menu options remain DISABLED for any further queries and the only way to re-ENABLE them is to close and reopen "Connection Hierarchy for Connection Design" window.
Image of Connection Hierarchy for Connection Design window where behavior occurs. The menu items outlined in the red box are those that eventually become disabled (greyed out).
Process Steps (INTERMITTENT)
1. Inventory Management.
2. Connection Design.
3. Query for a bandwidth circuit and open its design.
4. CLR/DLR Design.
5. Double-click a Facility assignment block to open the "Connection Hierarchy for Connection Design" window.
6. Right-click and select "Modify Search...".
7. Query for some Facilities in View 2 (right side).
8. Right-click on a Facility and select "Open > Connection Positions...".
9. Change a Rate Code as necessary to make an assignment and click OK.
10. Double-click the Facility to expand and view its positions.
11. Right-click on and open position and select "Assign Connection".
12. Repeat these steps in View 2 a few times then perform the "Modify Search..." in View 1 (left side) and repeat the process there.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document